Tuesday, December 21, 2010

8710w GC124EA - operating temperatures

Config : T7700 Core 2 Duo (2.4 Ghz Processor), Nvidia 1600m, WUXGA screen.



I was wondering what are the normal temperatures on this machine ? When totally idle using Core Temp utility it shows around 55 - 60 Celsius temperature / core. When i kick it with a heavy game it goes sometimes even at 90 degrees celsius. I could even shut it down while playing Mass Effect for some time (i belive it's reaching the 100 degrees threshold). So in order to avoid this i use the Windows 7 feature (Maxim processor state) and set the processor speed to 80%-85%. Now, the laptop always sits on a Zalman Notebook Cooler NC2000 so i'm guessing this helps too.



What are my options here ? I'm thinking about opening the laptop...clean it a bit and change the thermal paste (CPU and GPU) with Arctic Cooling 5 (i understood the factory paste used by HP is pretty bad). I could also upgrade the T7700 processor to a T9300 (wich i read it's way cooler).



I'm waiting for some advice. Thank you.

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment