Sunday, December 26, 2010

NO SOUND FROM MY DELL PC...

I'm having trouble getting any sound to come from my PC. I've got a DELL OPTIPLEX 745. It's got Windows XP Professional installed (Intel Core 2 Duo), and manufactured 06/07. The motherboard is a Dell 05/06. The only numbers I can see relating to a model number on it, is on a small white sticker and labeled: CN-0MM599-13740-73S-02OW.

A brief summary on what's been done on the PC: It recently got a virus, but was taken care of. Because the virus did a real number on my system, it was decided to just reformat the whole thing and start over; and I did. Windows XP Professional was reinstalled again. I had no problems with sound at all before this. Now that I've reinstalled XP again, I've got no sound at all. I've no sound card on the computer. It's built into the motherboard. I've tried everything, including the troubleshooting, etc.

I just read someone else's thread about a similiar problem. In his case, he had a Sound Blaster Live! card and he was instructed to try downloading the driver again for the motherboard. Should I try this as well? And if so, will I lose any information and how do I go about doing so?

I'd appreciate any help offered..any suggestions.

Thanks,

Kim

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment