Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Help, XPS L501X Hot Left Palm Rest gets too HOT!

Hey guys, I just recieved by XPS 15 last week...



1080p Screen / i7 840 / 8gb ram / gt 435m 2gb / 9 cell battery



But the left palmrest is just uncomfortably hot, and my hand gets real sweaty. The idle temp is low 50s for CPU and high 40s for GPU, and when I'm playing SC2 the CPU core and GPU get to a max temp of 92 C.



But regardless, I've ready a lot of reviews and people comments regarding the XPS, and it seems general consensus is that the left palm rest gets warm and whatnot, but I feel like mine is too hot. I have the 9 cell battery, which should get better venting since it's propped up. It's causing my hand to get sweaty and just annoying that I don't feel like playing for too long. Even with a cooling pad (not the diesel Zalman one, but a decent one with just one fan) it's still uncomfortable. I've read a lot of posts in which people state that the palm rest gets barely hot and just overall the laptop runs fairly cool. Maybe I'm just fussing, but how hot does the palm rest get for you guys? I know it's a subjective question..



Laptop replacement isn't a possibility, since it seems that they are completely out of the 1080p screens. Overall the laptop is great, but I don't think I can keep on dealing witht he heat. I'm thinking of just returning the laptop, as it is within my 21 days, and waiting for the sandy bridge chips to come out. Maybe, they'll put a better gfx card in the computer.



Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment