Thursday, December 30, 2010

Compaq CQ62-220US wlan upgradeable?

I just ordered an Intel 6200 half height wlan card to replace the horrible Atheros that won't even see my 802.11n access point.



I have heard that HP would put a whitelist in the BIOS to thwart wireless card upgrades, apparently completely halting the boot process. Any idea if Compaq does the same thing? I assume the antennae are 2.4 GHz only, so I should just turn off the 5 GHz option? Probably a single radio, so would only work on one freq at a time anyway . . .



I chose the 6200 as I only have two antenna in the laptop, and state-of-the-art three spatial stream wireless is probably not worth the custom modification, especially in light of the fact my Engenius EAP9550 only has two antennae.

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment