Friday, December 24, 2010

Very annoying FPS problem with Asus G60VX?

What's up everyone, I bought the refurbished Asus G60VX from NewEgg during the summer, it's been absolutely perfect until I got the new WoW expansion. I've been playing sc2 for the past few months and it ran perfect, almost everything on ultra with no problems. I stopped playing wow for a few months but I never had fps problems with it before on high settings. When I started playing Cataclysm, I noticed that the FPS was really low, and the game was very choppy even on low or high settings.



I went ahead and reformated the computer and it seemed to fix all the fps issues. I was able to put the game back on high and didn't experience any problems. For some reason though, a few days after I reformated the laptop, I started getting these very small fps spikes. The fps will fall from for example, 50 to 40 then back up to 50 within seconds, and it will just start a cycle of these fps spikes; it seems like the comp is having hiccups. It's VERY annoying and I just can't seem to figure out why the computer started doing it. It doesn't happen when I start the game, just randomly and sometimes I can just minimize then it will stop, but not always. I did reformat it one more time but it still does it. It seems to do it on most games as well now.



I checked the temps and they seem normal. When nothings going on the CPU is around 55 C, and GPU is around 80 C. When I play wow, the CPU is around 70 C and GPU is around 99-103 C, depending on whats going on. I used the performance monitor with the game up, and it doesn't seem the CPU maxes out when the spikes happen, they seem to stay around the same through out. I'm at a loss, could I have let it over heat or something, and caused it to go bad? Anyone have any ideas? I'm very worried that all my games are going to start having these fps spikes. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment