Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dell XPS 15 - Port Replicator with HDMI

I am waiting for my Dell XPS 15 (1080p) to arrive and am looking at my options for port replicators since Dell is no longer producing docking stations for the XPS models It is upsetting that I have not been able to find any port replicators which connect to the laptop via HDMI rather than USB. Am I right or wrong to assume that connecting to a port replicator via USB 2.0, which then connects to a TV via HDMI will not be able to process the full 1080p signal??? I would like a port replicator (would really like a docking station) that I can use to connect to my HDTV and not lose any image/sound quality. Am I incorrect to think that USB will pose an issue, or is this a marketing void? I may just need to connect the HDMI to the TV manually each time I connect if there's not a product available, but it would be much more convenient if I could just drop it in and have all my accessories, image/audio and charging ready to go. Thanks for your help.

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment