Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hard Drive Alignment

I just bought a new hard drive for my laptop. It's a 500 GB Western Digital Black drive. As far as I can tell, this drive does not require the new alignment that some of the newer drives require. I am planning on triple booting Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Pro and Ubuntu 10.10. I am partitioning my drive with the Ubuntu Live CD. The Ubuntu Live CD wants to create partitions that are aligned to MiB by default instead of by cylinder. For the Windows XP partition I changed that to cylinder and then for all the other partitions I allowed it to use the default MiB setting. Am I going to experience problems doing it this way? I would like to be able to access data that Windows 7 saved with Windows XP. Any help would be appreciated.

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment