Thursday, April 21, 2011

Encased laptop hard drive not being recognized on new PC

I got a HP Pavilion slimline s5704y today. I have my old laptops harddrive in an encasement. It works fine on my old pc and on the other PC in my house. I hook it up to the new computer and the computer froze. I restarted it and when I connect the drive it only shows up as a local disk recovery drive with a 10gb memory (when the HDD is 125 gb). I tried it on the other computers after this happened and I can still access all the data from it. Can anyone help me?

Reply 1 : Encased laptop hard drive not being recognized on new PC

On the other machines, copy out your stuff then back to the new machine and remove all the partitions, create them new and then format the drive and FINALLY copy your files back onto that drive.

FUNNY DRIVE ISSUES like this are best treated by backup and do-overs.
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment