Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trusteer Rapport?

I was just logging in my bank account and I saw them advertising that software. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Reply 1 : Trusteer Rapport?

I checked into it, it can't be uninstalled once it has been installed. And the latest version of ZeuS disables Rapport (it's the 2nd thing it does, the first is installing itself).



It also has a feature that allows your bank to look at what kind of malware is installed on your system, I see this "feature" being used for other things as well down the line. I would not recommend it be used.



I do recommend Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, Strong passwords, and a VPN (free one like SecurityKiss or paid for) when accessing free Wifi spots.



For passwords I generally recommend numbers and letters. To make it easier to remember I recommend to my clients to pick the word they most commonly misspell, and then use that word broken up by a set of numbers. At the end of the password I recommend a random alphabetical letter. I like to call that last letter the password's Check Digit.

Reply 2 : Trusteer Rapport?

Yes it can be uninstalled easily because I did it a couple days ago when I installed FF4.

Reply 3 : Trusteer Rapport?

Trusteer Rapport keeps you safe from all kinds or rogues out there while doing Internet banking.



Plenty banks worldwide insist and subscribe to Trusteer.



Standard Bank South Africa is only one. See this link:Online Banking Security | Trusteer



Cheers

Reply 4 : Trusteer Rapport?

I hope you all learn't something

No comments:

Post a Comment