Thursday, March 17, 2011

Can't access some internet sites

Hi,

I re-installed Vista 32-bit three days ago and have installed AVG Internet Security. The problem with AVG is that I now can't access some sites that I could access before the reformatting. I've tried both AVG IS 9 and 2011, nothing works. I've checked my router and that's not the cause of my problems. I've started the computer with the failsafe mode and internet access which worked perfectly. I could access everything I wanted but the problem resurfaced when I started Vista normally again.

I've done everything I can think of, every option there is and nothing seems to work! Does anyone have an idea of why AVG Internet Security 2011 isn't letting me access those sites. :?: What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
Manish

Reply 1 : Can't access some internet sites

Please refer to my post here;
http://forums.cnet.com/7726-19703_102-5088543.html

Mark

Reply 2 : Can't access some internet sites

Hello seowork1,

Please provide us with some links of affected websites to check it in our environment. Are you using other protection applications? Which firewall are you using?

As AVG customer with paid license, please contact our AVG technical support through this web form.

Thank you

Reply 3 : Can't access some internet sites

Hi Ondrej,

I am using GTA firewall and some of the links of the sites that I can't access are:
http://www.paulmclalin.com/
http://cheaplaptopsguide.blogspot.com/
http://liverelation.blogspot.com/



Regards
Manish

Reply 4 : Can't access some internet sites

Hello seowork1,

Please contact our full support using the web form linked by Ondrej.

Thank you

Reply 5 : Can't access some internet sites

Hello Manish,

I checked provided links and there was no problem to access them with AVG 2011.

Are you sure that there cannot be any other filtering applications in conflict with AVG? (network filter drivers)
Or blocked communication with used firewall?

Thank you

Reply 6 : Can't access some internet sites

Hi.. Ondrej

I don't understand actually why I can't access this sites... Because, as I checked there is no other filtering applications in conflict with AVG.. But still they are not get accessed.. Is there may be any other issue regarding this??


Thanks
Manish

Reply 7 : Can't access some internet sites

Hello Manish,

please gather these information for our closer analysis:

A) AVG logs*
C:ProgramDataAVG10logavgns.log
C:ProgramDataAVG10logcommonpriv.log

B) MSinfo32 output

C) Gmer Full Anti-rootkit scan result

Pack all information into an archive (zip file), upload it to favorite online storage and provide us with link to it.

Thank you

* Some folders could be hidden by default Windows settings. To view hidden files and folders please read How To Display Hidden Files And Folders

No comments:

Post a Comment