Friday, March 25, 2011

Internet Explorer 9 Freezing

System Info:
New Dell Inspiron 5805 computer only 6 months old.
i5 CPU 3.20 GHz
8GB RAM; 64-Bit Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium; Service Pack 1

Situation: Two days ago I installed internet explorer 9 on my computer. The installation went fine. There were no problems. The next day, while surfing the internet, internet explorer froze. I could not move the mouse, escape, or ctrl+alt+delete. The only way out of it was to unplug my computer (which I hate to do). Once the the computer restarted, I got on the internet again. After a little while my screen went black then after a few seconds came back with a little discoloration that went away after a few more seconds and my screen was normal again. There was a notice on the bottom of my screen that said my AMD Display Driver was not responding but has "successfully" recovered. Since then, the freezing or blacking out had occured five more times.
Questions:
1. What's happening with IE9 and my Display Driver?
2. What should I do? Do I need to change my display driver or IE9?
3. I have been a long-time IE user; if it is necessary for me to change browsers, what is your honest reccommendation?

Thank you so much! I appreciate you thoughts, opinions, and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment