Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How to: modify NVIDIA drivers for VAIO

Guys,



I'm really interested in finding out how to modify NVIDIA drivers to be usable on a VAIO?



Which inf file has to be edited (nvszf.inf I believe...?) and how?



The modified drivers need to:



1. Be installable on a Vaio machine (which the original aren't)

2. Allow auto dimming of the brightness of the screen!



I know some of you have been so kind to do that in the past. In my case ver. 266.58 is now due and I would like to learn what needs to be modified in general.



I think a small instruction will be highly appreciated by everyone here!



Thank you in advance!

Reply 1 : How to: modify NVIDIA drivers for VAIO

what is your nvidia card is?give the id from device manager..

Reply 2 : How to: modify NVIDIA drivers for VAIO


Quote:








Originally Posted by samozen
View Post

what is your nvidia card is?give the id from device manager..



Where do I find that ID... Under device properties I find several Hardware IDs...!?

Reply 3 : How to: modify NVIDIA drivers for VAIO

do to device managerdisplay adapters
vidiapropertiesdetailshardware ids



then copy all.

Reply 4 : How to: modify NVIDIA drivers for VAIO

It is an Nvidia 310M



PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_9069104D&REV_A2

PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_9069104D

PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&CC_030000

PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&CC_0300

Reply 5 : How to: modify NVIDIA drivers for VAIO

hi there try this inf for nvidia 266.58 64bit

Reply 6 : How to: modify NVIDIA drivers for VAIO

Thank you very much!! Would it support auto-dimming!?

Reply 7 : How to: modify NVIDIA drivers for VAIO

yes i think so,did you try it??

Reply 8 : How to: modify NVIDIA drivers for VAIO


Quote:








Originally Posted by samozen
View Post

yes i think so,did you try it??



No, wanted to ask first. As far as I know something additionally has to be added/edited in order for that to be possible. I had installed older drivers that were modified - they installed successfully but auto-dimming did not work.



Does anyone have a clue?



Will try it soon and let you know.

Reply 9 : How to: modify NVIDIA drivers for VAIO

I remember making a modded inf for Vaio S. I will post the instructions later.

No comments:

Post a Comment