Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New MS Hotfix (KB2496898) posted

While there are several versions of it for each of their OS's, I'm providing a direct link for Win 7 x64:



http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...898-v3-x64.msu



What does it fix? Hell if I know, since the KB page isn't up yet. However it does say:



"Install this update to resolve issues in Windows"

Reply 1 : New MS Hotfix (KB2496898) posted

How vague, Windows always has like a trillion issues. I kid.

Reply 2 : New MS Hotfix (KB2496898) posted

isn't the windows going to notify me if they are new updates? ....

what is the reason in posting this hotfix manually chastity



edit: so Garry left us right?

Reply 3 : New MS Hotfix (KB2496898) posted


Quote:








Originally Posted by mite_jan
View Post

isn't the windows going to notify me if they are new updates? ....

what is the reason in posting this hotfix manually chastity



edit: so Garry left us right?



Because downloading yourself is much more Pro style.

There's always a slight chance that updates will actually be detrimental to stability for your particular machine and manual DLs give you an extra measure of control.

Reply 4 : New MS Hotfix (KB2496898) posted


Quote:








Originally Posted by mite_jan
View Post

isn't the windows going to notify me if they are new updates? ....

what is the reason in posting this hotfix manually chastity



edit: so Garry left us right?



"I am the Mouth of Sauron."



Gary's kinda delegated to me posting updates for him, since I apparently get them sooner than he does. But seriously, he's a busy man, and I'm already here, so I keep up with the updates, plus I forward issues to the proper Asus employees as needed.

Reply 5 : New MS Hotfix (KB2496898) posted

well i meant for new realises for the vbios (as i can remember he said in his thread that first the touchpad thing then we can go to video and audio ... so that's why i asked becouse looks like touchpad thing is solved , but what now?

that's the only thing i want for my laptop to be fully functional



i just thought that you have more info on that

you are doing a great job... i didn't meant to offend you with my previous post

Reply 6 : New MS Hotfix (KB2496898) posted

Lets all install a hotfix with no info on what it is "hotfixing"....



Rebooting computer......

Windows screen.....

.......

......



*CRAP*

Reply 7 : New MS Hotfix (KB2496898) posted


Quote:








Originally Posted by antisniperspy
View Post

Lets all install a hotfix with no info on what it is "hotfixing"....



Rebooting computer......

Windows screen.....

.......

......



*CRAP*



lol epic ... I'll wait for the KB page. Don't need unnecessary windows updates eating up my SSD space

Reply 8 : New MS Hotfix (KB2496898) posted


Quote:








Originally Posted by TomJG90
View Post

lol epic ... I'll wait for the KB page. Don't need unnecessary windows updates eating up my SSD space



I also have the 128GB Crucial C300 and man that thing is fast. Since I only loaded windows on it I start up in like 8 seconds.

Reply 9 : New MS Hotfix (KB2496898) posted

Umm... Is that it?



An update to support the new currency symbol for the Indian Rupee in Windows Vista, in Windows Server 2008, in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2

1 comment:

  1. Ya, it's very true relay impressive content. Please share something on Hard Drive Data Recovery Chandigarh. And again a very thanks for sharing this kind of post.

    ReplyDelete