Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Intel Rapid Storage Technology on GX740

Ok so my laptop only comes with 1 500 GB HDD.

I noticed that it comes with Intel Rapid Storage Technology (also avail on msi drivers page for GX740)

There is a tiny icon in the system tray/ notification bar on the right.



I don't know much about RAID setups but I think I need at least 2 HDDs to take advantage of it. So is this installed in my computer for no reason or is there a slightest chance that this can increase my performance or something?

Reply 1 : Intel Rapid Storage Technology on GX740

I have the same question, does it increase performance? what does it do? Mine does nothing..... close it, nothing happens, open it, nothing............

Reply 2 : Intel Rapid Storage Technology on GX740

There seems to be a slight performance boost (I tested with CrystalDiskMark) if you have an SSD, but I don't know if you would notice it with a conventional hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment