Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mozilla Firefox

I have a Dell computer running Windows XP SP3. I had a problem running both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox on 2/28/11. They stopped responding after seemingly getting a virus from IE. I stopped using IE and removed Firefox. My antivirus scan detected and removed a severe threat "Exploit: Jave/CVE". Now when I tried to download Firefox again there is a box at bottom left of screen that says "This type of file can harm your computer. Are you sure you want to save?"
Is this a usual warning? Is it safe to download?

Reply 1 : Mozilla Firefox

If you are getting the Firefox download from a trusted site like Download.com or Firefox's main download page. It is safe to download.

It is a normal warning when even I down load a .exe file with IE.

Reply 2 : Mozilla Firefox

manmur--Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment